Lindenwald is approximately a day’s travel south of Albany if the pace is that of horse and carriage. The post road was regularly travelled for almost two hundred years (1669 -1850) until replaced by railroads. A section of the original Old Albany Post Road is still in use today in Philipstown, New York and is included on the National Register of Historic Places.
One hundred and thirty locations in Columbia County are included on the National Register of Historic Places. Click on the button below for more information.
Fast Fact: Senator Henry Clay from Kentucky visited Lindenwald in September 1849 on his way to the State Fair in Syracuse, NY. Perhaps the Great Compromiser and the Red Fox of Kinderhook discussed components of the Compromise of 1850, which was introduced to Congress four months later.